Saturday, August 02, 2008

Keep the good times rollin'

I still can't get over what an amazing time we had at the family reunion. OK, I confess that my memories of Ohio are somewhat jaded by teenage angst and college stress. And after leaving the nest, we primarily visited during busy events (like weddings) or miserably cold times (like infamous Christmas '04), which didn't help matters. But this was the most refreshing trip home in a long time. Astonishing to have 40 people visiting a rural home for a week, and no one got bored! There were games (ladder golf, corn hole, wiffle ball, football, kickball, Nintendo Wii, poker, gin rummy), lightning bug catching, bubble blowing, fish-pond amusements, horseback riding, indoor rock-climbing, and bi-plane aerobatic demonstrations & rides! And that was just at my parents place... Some of us also enjoyed excursions to Cedar Point amusement park, Cherry Valley Lodge water park, Columbus Zoo, Amish country, local bike trails, dairy farms, pig farms, Magic Mountain mini golf, go karts & arcade, and more. Enjoy the pictures!
Picassa Album - Lester Family Reunion 2008

2 comments:

Marie Lester said...

Quite a nice summary, Laura, and wonderful to know that you kids re-vamped your memories of Ohio during this trip. Would like to think that, when it is all gone, you will have only good recollections of your time in this state--the one in which I have lived for nearly 60 years.

Unknown said...

Laura,
Thanks so much for the wonderful descriptive narrative of what the reunion was...you did a great job. What alot of fun it was and I enjoyed seeing your pictures! Rohan is such a cutie and enjoyed seeing you and Anand as well. What great memories that will last for a lifetime. Your parents were such gracious hosts to put such a huge tribe of a family up for a week worth of activities. Can't wait till we do it again.
Love, Aunt Jeanne
ps. I miss holding Rohan already!